Sunday, May 31, 2015

Crazy Dog Lady and Blueberry Muffins

I am the crazy dog lady this week. I am watching my friend’s two dogs for a little bit so right now I am in charge of feeding, exercising, playing with, and whatever else dogs need for three dogs! I don’t know how you people with more than three dogs do it; I give you a lot of credit because it sure takes a lot of work. Thankfully they all get along so we all hang out together and I don’t have to do crazy things like go for three separate runs each day.

To make this week even crazier, I’ve been sick. I caught some sort of cold/flu thing so yesterday I decided to make some blueberry muffins (I read somewhere that blueberries help when you are sick but who knows if that’s actually true or not). I used this recipe that I’ve been using for a while now and I will never go back! They come out so good, and they actually have muffin tops, when my muffins actually come out with muffin tops that go over the edges I get way too excited.

They are super easy to make too! Here’s the recipe (I did link it but it’s so much easier when you only have to have one web page open at a time :-P).


 Ingredients:
-          1 ½ Cups all purpose flour (I used organic)
-          ¾ cups sugar
-          ½  teaspoon salt
-          2 teaspoons baking powder
-          1/3 cup vegetable oil
-          1 egg
-          1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk because I was at my parent’s and they’re weird and only drink almond milk ;-P)
-          1 cup fresh blueberries (I like to heat them up before putting them in the batter because I love it when blueberry muffins are purple/blue inside, you don’t have to though)
      
      Topping ( I cut the topping recipe in half because I’ve found that unless you like your muffins covered in topping, it always makes too much and I end up throwing a lot out, so this is the topping recipe I linked, just cut in half)
-          ¼ cup sugar
-          1/6  cup flour
-          2 tablespoons butter cubed
-          ¾ teaspoons ground cinnamon

What to do:
-          Preheat oven to 400 degrees, get muffin tins ready.
-          Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Put vegetable oil in a 1 cup measuring cup; add egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix all at once to flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top and sprinkle with crumb topping.
-          Bake for 20-25 minutes
-          To make crumb topping: mix together sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon with a fork until it resembles a crumb topping.

The finished product!



Go have a great day and make some blueberry muffins! (You don’t have to use the recipe I used :))

Do you like blueberries?
            My brother is the only one in my family who doesn’t enjoy them. Too bad for him, he sure is missing out!





No comments:

Post a Comment