Friday, January 29, 2016

50k Training plan and the last Donut!

My 50k training starts in a little over a week. I’ve found that I actually have to set a date to start training or else I’ll fall into the “I’ll start tomorrow” habit and never start. I’m really excited for this training plan; I haven’t really trained for a big race since my last marathon, almost two years ago so I’m happy to get back at it. My plan has me running 5-6 times a week, weekly mileage varies but the longest training run is 26 miles. Yikes!
One day a week is hilly run or hill repeats, I’m really bad with hills so I’m not really looking forward to those days, but I know I’ll feel great afterwards so I’m just going to keep telling myself that. I’ve been scouting out some hills and that’s been fun.
I’m planning on doing some cross training on the weeks I have two days off of running. So one of the days I will, hike, bike, swim, or whatever besides running. I also decided I need to work on my strength training so on my easy run days I will finish up with some strength training; working on my arms, legs and core.
And lastly, the long runs. My plan starts with 10 miles and goes up from there to the 26. I actually really enjoy long runs, although I haven’t done more than 10 in a while so we’ll have to see if I still like then in a couple months. I have one training race planned. The 50k is a trail 50k so I signed up for a trail half marathon about three weeks before the big race.
I’m actually extremely excited for training to begin. I’ve been stuck in a lazy mood lately and haven’t been getting out as much as I should. So I have a feeling this will be the perfect thing to get me going again.

Hershey is excited to start training with me too. He’s my constant training partner and coach. 

Some other random stuff:

Saw a beautiful sunrise Saturday morning.

The other day on my run it was a little windy so I tried using this headband. It did not work. I kept feeling like it was going to pop off my head any second so I just gave up and took it out. People driving by who saw me running with windblown hair were probably scared out of their minds.  Does anyone know of any good running headbands, ones that won’t fall out?

My last donut before the 50k; it looks kind of gross but believe me, it wasn’t. I decided I’m going to try and not eat a lot of sweets during my training so I have to say goodbye to donuts for a while. So far I’ve decided I’m going to allow plain chocolates, chocolate milk for after runs, and hot chocolate because I don’t think I can live without it in the winter. I’m still debating on whether or not I’m going to allow myself to use coffee creamer, because to be honest, that’s the only reason I really drink coffee. So it’s either stop drinking coffee or keep the creamer. Such a hard decision!

Have a great rest of your day.

Is anyone training for a race right now? How’s it going?








No comments:

Post a Comment